So tomorrow night is going to be epic. David Wells is going to speak and he always brings the goods. Of course I'm saying that as someone who had the privilege to be mentored by him into ministry and mission so I'm a bit biased. He always communicates with passion, intelligence and creativity and this will be THE KEYNOTE address as far as I'm concerned (no offense to our other guest speakers...).

However, I have a bit of a dilemma. You see it's Tuesday night which means it's Lost night. Now I know you might think that a TV show is a bit trivial but after having invested myself into the past 6 seasons AND I've put up with all the antics of the writers AND we're down to the final few episodes, I am a bit torn about what to do.

The other HUGE consideration is the fact that the Canucks are also playing and it could be their last game of the season. If you think I'm invested into Lost then you should see my devotion to the Canucks. Being a Global Worker with a 9 hour time difference I have to wait until the morning after the game is played and check the results on-line. I know, I know, "boo hoo for the poor missionary" but I've put up with 30+ years of emotional abuse from these guys and after 8 years of being away from playoff hockey I have the chance to watch what could be the greatest game of the season.

Wow, do I ever sound carnal right now...

So in the end I'm hoping that my own maturity and sense of expectancy win out...I could be glued to the TV and scream at the Canucks as they try to put a small rubber disk into a net or I could come listen to David Wells paint an incredible picture of what it truly means to be "Rooted in Relationship." I could sit for an hour and try to figure out what the heck the Island represents or I could be a part of an amazing and prophetically charged moment in our history; listening to David as he shares the heart of God for our movement, nation and world and be reminded that none of the other things really matter and why this gathering, this General Conference is more than just a few meetings, workshops, sermons and Pentecostal shmoozing. It's about all of us coming together to do celebrate the fact that we are more than just fans and an audience but fellow workers, servants and dare I say, family?

I think I'm writing this more for myself than for anyone reading it.

I just hope they don't have wifi or I may be tempted to check the score...